Photo: Sunday school children practice a song at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Tuvalmadom, India. The LCMS region of Southern Asia includes Australia, Bangladesh, East Timor, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Singapore and Sri Lanka. Click here to learn more.
Service Opportunity: Business Manager
The newly formed team for the region of Southern Asia urgently needs a business manager. This position is key to the operation and ministry in this area. The initial focus in this region is church planting, theological education and mentoring pastors. The business manager will enable the ministry to ramp up to full capacity as quickly as possible.
- An active member in The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod or any of its partner churches, believing Holy Scripture is the inspired and inerrant Word of God and the teachings of the Lutheran Confessions are in full agreement therewith
- Experience and proven knowledge of fund accounting, internal control, international finance and congregational treasury functions
- Experience working in an international or cross-cultural context
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- CPA qualification or advanced training with three to five years of accounting/finance experience
- Managerial/supervisory experience preferred
- Assists in the establishment of a Lutheran community in the Republic of Singapore; articulates Lutheran presence and practice in the newly-established regional office and surrounding locale.
- Assists the regional director with the preparation, monitoring, analysis and ongoing revision of the multi-year regional budget.
- Develops and implements reporting tools and methodologies, primarily in the area of finance, to support decision making within the region.
- Provides financial leadership and training support for missionaries engaging in strategic and tactical planning.
- Initiates and facilitates effective process links with partner churches, local authorities and agencies and other regional business managers.
- Oversees the acquisition of foreign national support in the regional business office; supervises local volunteers/hired participants in the mission.
- Works with regional leadership to orchestrate the effective implementation of program facets; assists in identifying resources to meet regional and global objectives.
- Manages the field accounting system and assists with the set-up and oversight of subsidiary systems in countries as required.
- Serves as the custodian of all monies, bank accounts, stocks and other financial papers of the LCMS in Southern Asia; facilitates all approved regional disbursements.
For more information, contact the Office of International Mission at 888-843-5267 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn about how you can serve the Lord around the world, visit http://servenow.lcms.org.
God knows us and what we need. He sent his Son, Jesus, to earth, so that we may have life, and have it to the full. Through faith in Jesus’ death and resurrection, our relationship with God is restored and we have life. LCMS World Mission’s GEO and short-term missionary programs focus on building relationships and sharing the Gospel with people through those relationships, as well as connecting locals to career missionaries and national churches to continue building relationships. The people touched by GEO and short-term missionaries need the same thing we all do: true life in Christ. By serving for 1-2 years or even two weeks, you can help our missionaries and national churches in their efforts to introduce people to a true life in Christ.